Sexual dysfunction is a problem that will occur during any phase of the sexual response cycle. It prevents you from experiencing satisfaction from sexual intercourse.
What Are The Kinds of Sexual Dysfunction?
Sexual dysfunction generally is assessed into four categories:
- Desire disorders: lack of concupiscence or interest in sex.
- Erection disorders: inability to get penis hard and long enough for sexual intercourse.
- Orgasm disorders: delay or absence of orgasm.
- Pain disorders: pain during intercourse.
Who can suffer from Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction can affect any age, although it’s more common in men over 40 years because it’s often related to a decline in health and associated with aging.
Symptoms and Causes
What are the symptoms of sexual dysfunction?
- Inability to realize or maintain an erection suitable for intercourse.
- Absent or delayed ejaculation despite enough sexual stimulation.
- Inability to regulate the timing of ejaculation.
- Lack of interest in or desire for sex.
- Inability to become aroused.
- Pain with intercourse.
What Causes Sexual Dysfunction?
Medical causes: Many medical conditions can cause problems with sexual function. These conditions include diabetes, neurological disorders, hormonal imbalances, heart and vascular disease, chronic diseases like kidney or liver failure, and alcoholism, and substance abuse. Additionally, the side effects of some medications, including some antidepressant drugs, can affect sexual function.
Psychological Causes: These include work-related stress and anxiety, concern about sexual performance, marital or relationship problems, depression, feelings of guilt, concerns about body image, and therefore the effects of past sexual trauma.
What Medications Can Cause Sexual Dysfunction?
Some prescription medications and even over-the-counter drugs can have an impression on sexual functioning. Some medicines can affect libido (desire) et al. can affect the power to become aroused or achieve orgasm. The danger of sexual side effects is increased when a person is taking several medications.
Medications like Fildena 100 are only a temporary cure to treat male erectile dysfunction but are a successful male erectile dysfunction treatment for several men. They include:
- Sildenafil (Fildena 100)
- Tadalafil (Tadarise or Vidalista)
- Vardenafil (Vilitra)
These medications enhance the production of NO2 gas in the chambers of the penis that relaxes muscles in the penis. This increases blood flow and allows you to urge an erection in response to sexual stimulation.